My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Mass., United States

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Labor Day in Conneticut




For the Labor Day weekend Brian's dad let a group of us stay at his house in Conneticut. This house was pretty darn amazing from the great interior decorating to the ocean at our back door.

We mostly just chilled, played some games etc.





On Sunday we went to church at the Yale branch and then took a tour around the campus. It reminded me a lot of Harvard.






Brian being the smart guy that he is surrounded himself with all the ladies. In the words of Brian himself "Pimpin ain't easy".

The next day (Monday) was Labor Day!!! It was a gorgeous day out and Brian took his dads boat out so we could go wake boarding.
We drove for about 30 min to get to the lake (I can't remember what it was called). When we got there Brian realized that he had forgotten the key to the boat. Luckily part of our group was still in the vicinity of the house and brought it down with them. This meant we had to occupy our time until then.








Bonnie, Brittany, Emily and I also made a sand turtle.
We named it Carolina because the day before we played a game where Mike had to go around the room and tell us what animal we look like. Carolina is a turtle.



The key finally arrived and we were ready to get down to business. Our group was quite large so we split into two groups. I choose to be with the novice group since I had never been wake boarding in my life. The closest I have gotten to it in the past is water skiing and even then I never got up. So I was completely in shock when I got up on my 2nd try and every try after that. I even did a trick the first time I got up. At least I didn't realize it was a trick. I was just trying to reposition myself and I switched legs. That was my glory moment of the day.

Yup, that's yours truly!!

The following are some other hightlights:



Brian the faithful driver of the boat.


GO BONNIE!!!!!

Carolina rockin the boat


Brittany chillin



Check out Char's legs!!


Let's be honest...Lauren is great at everything.


Will, all the women in the boat agreed that you looked GOOD :)







3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

oh my gosh! i have to say, my fav pic of all is the brian and rachel pyramid, or can it actually be called a pyramid, a sandwich? no, hmmmm, whatever it is! hilarioso!! that was a really fun weekend (for the couple of days i was lucky enough to join in). i am only hoping for more FABULOSITY to continue!!!whoop whoop!
xoxo

7:06 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Obviously, it's a bread sandwich: two pieces of bread, nothing inb/w.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Whits said...

still so sad I wasnt there to join in...stupid move. oh well, now I'm just obsessed w/ my roofdeck. Still.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home