My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Mass., United States

Friday, August 04, 2006

Birthday Celebration




My birthday was this past Thursday. I started the day by going to work. You may wonder why i choose to go to work instead of taking the day off. Boston was hit by a heat wave this week. Going to work in an air-conditioned building instead of being at home or outside sounded amazing. I don't really like sweat dripping down my face from the pure act of breathing. I am glad i did because i was surprised with an ice-cream cake from my co-workers.



Ice-cream cake is my favorite and i have always asked my mom for one every year. I was pleased that the tradition could continue on. On the down side i was sad that i didn't have my camera with me to take pictures. One of my co-workers Christy reminded me that i could take pics with my camera phone. I am so glad i work with such smart people! Of course once i pulled out my phone i was told i wasn't allowed to take pic's of them. TOO LATE!













I have never been big into celebrating my birthday so when my friends asked me what i wanted to do i told them something small and intimate. Charlotte arranged for me and some of my closest friends to have dinner at the cheesecake factory. 4 out of the six of us were running a little late (sorry Char and Glo) but we still had time to take a few pictures (at the red lights of course).





While i was at dinner my brother Alex called me. We had a conversation about how we are not big fans of cheesecake. After last night i change my mind. If it is Godiva chocolate cheesecake i am now a BIG fan!





I was also given some really great gifts. This one from Gloria made me laugh.





Here are some other pics taken during dinner:








1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

oh rachel!!! how i miss you and all the gals! this blog entry really made me homesick!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY gorgeous! love you tons and miss you even tonnser!
xoxo

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home